This post may contain affiliate links which means I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Doesn't everyone want to give their Valentine some hugs and kisses? I know I do and this is one of those easy recipes that can deliver both and more! These cookies are made with a delicious, homemade chocolate dough that can be used for multiple cookie recipes. However, these Easy Valentine Cookies, complete with hugs and kisses, are my favorite!
Easy Valentine Cookies with X's & O's!
Making these lovely little cookies is a simple, two step process, and believe me, they are two steps in the right direction!
Start with the dough:
Add your wet ingredients into your mixing bowl, i.e. yolk, softened butter, sugar, vanilla and milk, and then, cream them together.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients, i.e. flour, salt and cocoa powder, and then, slowly mix in your wet ingredients.
As you combine your wet and dry ingredients, the dough will be thick. You'll need to continue to work it until it is completely combined. (See above image)
Time to make your Easy Valentine Cookies:
Take 1 tbsp of your chocolate dough, place it in your palm and then, roll it into a ball. Place the Valentine sprinkles of your choice on a small plate. Now, gently press the dough ball into the sprinkles with the palm of your hand and place it on a greased or lined cookie sheet.
Bake your cookies for about 10 minutes, depending on your oven, at 350. Now, would be a great time to start unwrapping those Hershey Hugs & Kisses!
Once the cookies come out of the oven, place a Hershey Hug right in the center of the warm cookie. You can serve these warm, with a delicious glass of milk, or store them in an airtight container until you are ready to deliver some hugs and kisses to your Valentine!
XOXO Valentine's Cookies
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Softened Butter (unsalted)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 1/2 tbsp Milk
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Hershey Hug Candies (unwrapped, 1 per cookie)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture, and beat to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt, mix to combine, and add it slowly to the wet ingredients. Beat on high until a thick dough is formed.
- The dough will be very thick, but this is the way it is supposed to be. Take a tablespoon of dough, and make it into a ball. Flatten the ball of dough, and press it down into Valentine sprinkles of your choosing. Place it on a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Continue step 5 until all of the dough has been used.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, take them off of the hot baking sheet, and rest for a few minutes. Press an unwrapped Hershey Hugs candy into the center of each cookie. Place the cookies into the fridge for a few minutes to keep the Hershey Hug from melting in the warm cookie.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.