The Hierophant tarot card represents tradition, structure, and spiritual wisdom. I always like to see this card in readings because it makes me feel like someone else will be there to help me out, which is rare in my life most of the time.
The Hierophant Tarot Card Meaning
Often associated with religious or institutional authority, this card suggests a respect for established norms and practices. It often appears in readings when you're considering issues of ethics, tradition, or the “right way” to do things.
The Hierophant can also signify a mentor or teacher, someone who provides guidance and wisdom, helping you navigate the complexities of life.
It may indicate the value of seeking expert advice or counsel. In some cases, this card suggests a rite of passage or initiation, a formalization of your beliefs or entry into a new phase of life.
Keywords to remember The Hierophant:
- spiritual wisdom
The Hierophant Tarot Card Reversed Meaning
When reversed, the Hierophant tarot card can mean a questioning of traditional values, structures, or institutions. It can indicate a time where you're feeling restricted or confined by established norms and are considering breaking free to follow your own path.
This is a card I love to pull in a reading for people, especially in business. I love saying “F U” to the system, and doing things my own way… and it excites me when others do the same!
The reversed Hierophant may signal a rejection of authority or conventional wisdom. This could mean challenging the status quo, questioning deeply-held beliefs, or rebelling against a system or structure you find oppressive.
It can also indicate unconventional or alternative methods of teaching and learning. You may be drawn to self-study or alternative forms of education rather than traditional academic pathways. Hey, that's meeee!! I am a lifelong learner but I hate school.
Overall, the Hierophant reversed encourages you to think for yourself, question traditional viewpoints, and explore alternative beliefs or practices, but it also asks you to weigh the consequences of going against established norms.
The Hierophant Tarot Card Meaning in Business
In a business context, the Hierophant tarot card holds a wealth of implications, signaling structure, traditional practices, and ethics.
- Ethical Business Practices: The Hierophant is the moral compass of the Tarot. In a business reading, it indicates the necessity to make ethical decisions. It is vital to adhere to the highest standards of integrity.
- Tradition and Longevity: In a startup environment, this card might appear counter-intuitive but could imply that respecting industry traditions can lend credibility and longevity to even the most innovative companies.
- Strategic Partnerships: The card could indicate entering into a business partnership that aligns with your company’s traditional values or established business practices, ensuring a harmonious and profitable relationship.
- Consumer Trust: It suggests that your business may be seen as reliable and trustworthy, particularly if you are in an industry that is steeped in tradition or requires specialized knowledge.
- Consulting Experts: This card suggests the need to consult with industry experts or legal advisors to make sure you're making informed decisions, especially when navigating complex situations.
- Branding and Image: If you're considering a rebrand or marketing overhaul, the Hierophant suggests aligning with core company values and projecting an image of trustworthiness and reliability.
- Risks and Innovation: Interestingly, this card could also serve as a cautionary note against too much innovation that disregards traditional business practices. It suggests weighing the potential risks and rewards carefully.
- Employee Relations: With respect to internal operations, the Hierophant might indicate a hierarchical structure where roles are clearly defined, and adherence to company policies is expected.
- Networking: This card could also signify the importance of becoming a part of industry associations or community organizations. Networking within these traditional frameworks can bring credibility and opportunities.
The Hierophant in a business setting often points towards the importance of structure, ethics, and tradition. It suggests that there's value in aligning with established practices and thinking carefully before stepping outside those boundaries.
Chose the image(s) that resonate with you to pin to your tarot board on Pinterest!
Note: I design all of my own tarot cards based on my intuition and more than two decades of tarot card reading experience. They don't always have traditional imagery or colors.
Because of religious trauma brought on by Christianity for the first 23 or so years of my life, the traditional imagery does not resonate with me.
Please reference the Rider Waite deck if you are looking for tradition. 🙂